Places to Eat
We are often asked for recommendations on where to eat authentic Mexican/Latin American food in Buffalo so we have put together a list of some of our favorite places. If you know of others, drop us a line and we'll be pleased to add them!
- 5 de Mayo Mexican Grill 3870 Union Road
- Edritos Fresh Mexican Grill 50 Fountain Plaza
- Gramma Mora's Mexican Restaurant 1465 Hertel Avenue
- La Tolteca Mexican Restaurante 7530 Transit Road
Live Mariachi Band every other Monday but check with the restaurant before you go!
- El Canelo 431 Dingens Street / 6036 Transit Road
- Salsaritas 110 W. Chippewa / 3901 Union Road
Grammar and Other Links
- Latin American Network Information Center Everything about Latinamerica
- Study Spanish (lots of free Grammar exercises)
- Notes in Spanish (podcast for Intermediate/Advance students)
- Coffee Break Spanish (podcast for Beginner students)
- Arco Iris (documentaries and movie videos in Spanish)
- Mas Arriba (Spanish language exercises)
- Destinos: An Introduction to Spanish (our favourite telenovela)
- Spanish Word of the Day (Very useful site, enjoy it)
- Spanish Phrase of the Day (as it says, with audio..you can also subscribe to the podcast)
- Spanish Phrase Finder (0ver 70 topics with useful phrases)
- SPALEON - Verb Conjugation Trainer
- Best Spanish Films (not for download but a useful list)...you can also try IMDB
- Spanish Toys.com (just as it says)
- Chilean Traditional Music (collection of lyrics)
- Amor en Custodia/Amor a Mil (telenovelas can be viewed on your computer with the free player)
- El Español de America general information on the languages of Latin America
- The Houghton Mifflin Spanish publications page includes material to accompany several publications including:
- La Pagina del Idioma Español
- Linguaweb tutorials focusing on particular language, such as asking for directions; grammar tutorials; quizzes.
- Loquella language course
- Mas arriba - online interactive workbook of introductory Spanish language exercises
- Notes in Spanish audio materials
- Spanish Language Exercises From Juan Ramón de Arana at Ursinus College.
- Spanish Pronto Reference resources with sections on pronunciation, the alphabet, and lists of common verbs among others.
- Tontito Frito Video lessons